Welcome to Supreme Creations and thank you for coming specifically to this page - hopefully you will get a better insight into my passions and visions for the company, and thoughts on this very exciting industry.
From the start
Fifteen years ago when I set up the company, my aim was to give my customers maximum choice and minimum hassle in choosing products to promote their brands and marketing messages. I realised that our consumption habits needed to change to be more aware of our planet. Further, I was passionate about paying attention to the wages and livelihoods of communities making the products that we consume.
Servicing global customers, with over 40,000 in the UK alone
Fast forward to today, and Supreme Creations have the largest ethical and green product offering for the promotional products market.
We have over 17 million product options and we are also empowering customers to custom make themselves, with our Create Your Own service. We also work with some of the top designers in London to produce functionally and aesthetically pleasing products for our customers worldwide.
Green industry, awards and Prince Charles
- In 2009, Supreme Creations won one of the most prestigious awards in business, awarded by HRH Prince of Wales, as his National Example of Excellence. We were chosen from over 850 blue-chip companies, because of our pioneering work in entrenching fairness across our entire supply chain: from seed, to stitch, to shop, to sustainable communities.
Supreme's factories: Fairtrade, carbon neutral and women
One of my proudest assets is Supreme's state-of-the-art carbon neutral factories in South India in the beautiful coastal town of Pondicherry. Styled in traditional French colonial architecture (Pondicherry is one of India's French colonies) the Fairtrade accredited facilities is a landmark for the community.
- We have recruited hundreds of professionals and specialists in the textiles, fibres and conversion industry.
- We have also made a concerted effort to boost women's employment in the region, with over 9 out of 10 of our workforce being female; 6 out of 10 coming from impoverished backgrounds
We are slowly but surely helping dispel the stigma of employing women, especially those from abused backgrounds. Inspiring at the highest of levels
Key client achievements: London Fashion Week to halving Tesco's plastic bag consumption
Our environmental achievements for our clients have been great;
for Tesco we launched their iconic Ladybird jute bag, and since then have helped reduce plastic bag consumption by almost 50%;
- for The Co-Operative we launched the first Fairtrade shopping bag in a supermarket;
- for Topshop we have helped launched their flagship American store in New York,
- We have continually done high-profile projects for fashion designers such as Christopher Kane and Anya Hindmarch during London Fashion Week.
We are at a crucial juncture as an industry, and hope to keep the green product agenda high in customers' mindsets. But we cannot do this alone, so if you have any ideas, feedback or just want to have a chat, please call up one of my team. We can only progress by servicing customers, and innovating ways to improve our processeses so they are efficient, green and ethical.
I hope you've got a flavour now about who I am and what Supreme Creations has done and achieved.
Dr R Sri Ram, PhD FRSA
Founder and Chairman, Supreme Creations Group